Hello Hip Kit Fans! Carol Rossi Figueiredo here, for the first time on the blog! I’m from Brazil, moved to America and I’m living in beautiful Winter garden – FL for the last 10 years. I have two gorgeous daughters, and you will see tons of pics from them here!
The moment I saw this cute butterfly wing on the kit I was sold! My youngest, Nicolle, is a social butterfly and immediately I knew I would use it so she could fly in one of my projects this month!
I used August main kit only to make this project . I focused on the cards from Vicki Boutin’s Color Study Collection paper. I started fussy cutting the butterfly wing from one of the cards very carefully, and used the rest of the card to make a mat for the picture.
I used another 3 cards to create the layers. On the “Hey honey” one, I punched the left side and cut the details to make it look like a notebook paper and add texture.
I love flower clusters, but the ones from this collection would fight with the colors. So I choose to fussy cut the gorgeous black and white from the exclusive paper “Daisy Tangle”.
On the right side of the pic I made a tag with one of the cards and made a pocket to hide my journaling.
Even though the wing is very colorful, I focused only on using two main colors, blue and pink. So I stitched two triangles in pink from the “Color Wheel” paper, and a banner made from “Abstract”.
The banner was the mat for my title that originally was supposed to be “Social Butterfly”. The orange alpha did not match my colors on the end, so I ended up using the American Crafts – Amy Tangerine Brave + Bold – Be Bold Phrase Thickers. That was absolutely perfect! The huge butterfly also couldn’t be left, so I made a focal point with it.
I added the pink base strip from the “Color Wheel ” paper, and the butterflies from “Collection” on top of the Prima Resist Canva. I died it with the beautiful “Something Borrowed” dye ink from Catherine Pooler. The left over ink I applied under the full cluster to increase the contrast with the white background.
On the end, the top right of my layout was very empty. So I used some scraps plus a matching sticker to balance the weight of the layout.
I finished everything with some Prima Marketing – Say It In Crystals here and there, and that’s it!
I had lots of fun making this layout and hope you do too! Please let me know on the comments below what you thing and if you have any questions!
I can’t wait to see what you will create with this amazing kit!