Hey everyone, Raquel Bowman here with my latest layout using the October kits. I challenged myself to use the kits to scrap these ice-cream summer photos of my girl. One of my favourite times this past summer in Aus was when we had family time on a hot evening, took the kids to the beach/park and then treated the kids to an ice cream after. On this particular night it was hilarious as Charlotte was running and chasing and absolutely cracking up at the seagulls. A visit to the beach in Aus = seagulls, they come part and parcel with the trip, but they do entertain the kids, ha.
I loved the frames in the Jen Hadfield pack and there were so many I just knew I had to create a layout based around them. I used 2 wallet photos to fit underneath the frames, and just had to trim a little off the pics to make them fit properly.
I used the Prima watercolour pencils on a diagonal to follow the ’empty’ frames direction. I did prime the page first with clear gesso and it made such a difference to how the watercolours took to the paper. I think for me I will be applying gesso every time I know I will be using the pencils as the colour is much more vibrant. I added a layer of whipped spackle through one of the exclusive masks too. I decided to embellish and cluster the 2 empty frames using a mixture of embellishments from the kits. I applied the embellishments with a mixture of adhesives to gain differing heights of dimension. The Pink Paislee clear stickers were a lovely finishing touch to the cluster.
The Heidi Swapp stickers in the PL kit are quite a unique make, they are thinner than an enamel dot, although that is what they look like. Just gorgeous. I normally apply small embellishments in groups of 3. Here I have 2 Heidi shapes and one veneer flower from SImple Stories.
The wood veneer frame was in the Simple stories pack and it was a nice addition to continue the frame look I had. As you can see from the image above, so many layers within the clusters here, much easier to see the detail in the pics.
The journaling, as usual was typed directly with my printer, but into strips and adhered to the page.
I wanted to keep the frames with the pics of the kids quite simple to make sure they do not distract too much from the pictures within them.
The title was created by adding the letters for ‘sumer nights’ using the Evaliscious stickers, love love love them and a piece of scrap vellum.
Thanks for visiting the blog today, I hope I have inspired you to get using those frames 🙂