Hello, friends! It’s Jana Eubank. Today I am sharing a new layout showing you how to combine two different cut files on one project. I am using the ‘September’ title Cut File and the Floral Medley Cut File. They complement one another perfectly and add a custom feel to this page.
I began this layout with a photo of my daughter on her first day of college. I double-matted my photo, then cut out the FREE cut file for September, the ‘September’ word, to use as my title. I placed these in between the two rainbows on the ‘Go For It!’ paper from the Main Kit. Before adhering them to the page, I used my sewing machine to add stitching around the perimeter of the page, and in between each stripe of the rainbows.
Next, I created my own flower and leaf embellishments using the Floral Medley cut file. I stacked three layers of the flowers together and then added a wood button to the center. They turned out so CUTE!
I cut out leaves using a variety of colors from the Cardstock Kit, then arranged the flowers and the leaves around the ‘September’ title. I used only two of the images included with the Floral Medley cut file, but there are seven different images included. They are so CUTE, so be sure to pick this one up to add to your cut file library!
A sprinkling of the ‘Dip Your Toe Teal’ Magicals from the June Color Kit adds to the fun, vibrant feel of this layout.
This rainbow paper is one of my favorite sheets this month. I love the way it frames the cut files that I combined together for my page title. Do you enjoy using cut files on your projects?
SEPTEMBER 2023 HIP KITS USED IN THIS PROJECT:
- September Main Kit (Patterned Paper, Cardstock Die-Cuts, Chipboard Pieces, Wood Buttons)
- September Cardstock Kit (Cheer Pink, Basketball Orange, Volt Yellow, Swimfest Blue, Mascot Blue, Independence Blue)
- September Embellishment Kit (Floral Die-Cuts, Puffy Stickers)
- September Pocket Life Kit (6×8 papers)
- September ‘September’ Title Cut File
- September ‘Floral Medley’ Cut File
- July 2023 Color Kit (Dip Your Toe Teal Magicals)
- January Pocket Life Kit – Date Stamp