Hello there, Kim here with a cool journaling idea that I am sure you will love!
Love Life by Kim Watson
Inspired by the flower ephemera from Paige Evans found in the March 2017 kits, I chose paint colors that blended well together. Using gel medium first, then bright paints, I created this fun, artsy circle for the center of the design. I made sure the colors dried intense, to make sure the white text was legible.
The layers of flowers were raised with different heights of foam adhesive to create dimension. I love how the bronze foil ties bother floral clusters together so well.
Enamel dots positioned at three corners of the page add lovely twinkle & add interest to the paint splatter.
If you were wondering how I managed to write so fluidly around the circle?
This is how I did it:
- Cut a circle from vellum to fit within the paint circle.
- Decorative scissors make a nice fancy edge.
- Place the vellum on a piece of card for stability onto a potters wheel.
- Using a good quality white gel pen, write your journaling whilst turning the wheel.
- Be careful to allow the rows of writing to dry before writing the next to avoid smudging.
I am so glad you stopped by the Hip Kit Club blog today! I hope you have been inspired to try this cool idea too.
See you again soon.