Hello everybody. Have you noticed that lime is barely showing up in scrapbooking papers? We’ve had some shades of it in the past but it’s definitely not a common color. Like purple, it’s probably a difficult color to match – but hey, how many of you are using black and white pictures anyway? Right! Give lime a chance! I’m using mainly Claudia van Rooijen’s gorgeous collection from Pretty Little Studio. Didn’t she do an awesome job? Look at those awesome florals she designed:
I used the awesome, colorful February 2017 Hip Kits for this layout. Goodness, those kits must be everything I could’ve ever hoped for. And once I’ve seen that some of Claudia’s designs are going to be featured I went to bed with the brightest grin ever. Isn’t she brave for including lime as one of the main colors? I think she is – and that deserves some appreciation! So I built this layout using most of her yummy flowers. Just look at them!
I could stare at her painty flowers all day long. I sprinkled some more stickers and puffy’s from Paige Evans’s Oh My Heart collection by Pink Paislee. The golden hearts are Pink Fresh Studio foam stickers; the butterflies are from Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams).
I mixed a lime color for my background. How I did it? I used a yellow marker and a green marker and scribbled it on an acrylic block – then sprayed water on it and pressed it onto my layout. The color remains vibrant, but you can add in more color by repeating this technique.
Unfortunately it wasn’t me who came up with the awesome quote I wrote with the tiny word stickers from the Oh My Heart sticker booklet included in the Project Life Kit. The full quote says:
“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.”
– Mary Ritter Beard
- Floral Die Cuts “With All My Heart” (Claudia van Rooijen) – Pretty Little Studio (Embellishment Kit)
- Tag Die Cuts “With All My Heart” (Claudia van Rooijen) – Pretty Little Studio (Embellishment Kit)
- Mint Thickers “Sunshiny Days” – Pebbles (Embellishment Kit)
- Accent Stickers “Chasing Dreams” (Maggie Holmes) – Crate Paper (Embellishment Kit)
- Foam Glitter Shape Stickers “The Mix No 1” – Pink Fresh Studio (Embellishment Kit)
- Puffy Stickers “Oh My Heart” (Paige Evans) – Pink Paislee (Project Life Kit)
- Tiny Alphas/Sticker Booklet “Oh My Heart” (Paige Evans) – Pink Paislee (Project Life Kit)
- Washi Stickers/Sticker Booklet “Oh My Heart” (Paige Evans) – Pink Paislee (Project Life Kit)
I hope you feel inspired to use more lime green in your projects as well,