Hello friends. Did you know that I love art? I am sure that some of you feel the same. During my studies at university I focused on abstract paintings and I sometimes let my love for art influence the way I scrap. Have you heard of informalism (Art Informel) or Abstract Expressionism? Perhaps you’d like artists like Bernhard Schulze, Michel Keck, or Britt Bass Turner to inspire you to pull out your paints and get started, too – because that’s what they do with me. Here’s the layout I created for today:
The February 2017 Hip Kits are stuffed with gorgeous colors, patterns and a BUNCH of embellishment. I love paper – but embellishment is what makes me roll. As you can see, I started off creating a bold painty background. The color add on of this month comes with the Shimmerz Paints Acritonez acrylic colors (magenta, white, blue). I mixed the white and magenta to achieve the pale pink look on the left side but added some red color to the magenta for the darker shades on the right side. This creates depth and interest. I tried not to let the colors blend as they were still wet on my surface – this is just a preference; blending makes it softer and more natural, not blending makes it bolder. I also prefer boldness in abstract art. It looks very easy but it requires a lot of practicing – I find that I often blend the colors more than I want to. I still have lots of room for improvement after so many years!
Once my color was dry, I added white sandy texture paste using the gorgeous color add on stencil. Did you check the February downloads? Zinia’s gorgeous heart cut file was so much fun to use and matched the stencil perfectly. I cut it using a pale pink sheet of paper from the cardstock add on. I also added some pink mist on top of the heart to give it more depth. To make it a bit more interesting I backed random sections of the heart with Maggie Holmes’s Chasing Dreams paper. Then I added in the fun embellishments mainly from the Oh My Heart Puffy Stickers by Pink Paislee (Paige Evans) and also some of the Shimelle wood buttons. So so cute!
I love those dynamical cyrcles that we can often find in abstract paintings – I used several shades of pink for this section of the layout. I also added a golden puffy fabric heart and a little phrase sticker.
I love how the mint green pops on top of the pale pink. Those colors make me happy!
List of products I used for this layout:
- Paper “Keepsake” – Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams) (Main Kit).
- Wood Buttons – Shimelle (Little by Little) (Main Kit).
- Chipboard Sticker – Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams) (Main Kit).
- Golden fabric puffy hearts – Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams) (Main Kit).
- Puffy Stickers – Pink Paislee/Paige Evans (Oh My Heart) (Project Life Kit).
- Sticker Book Stickers – Pink Paislee/Paige Evans (Oh My Heart) (Project Life Kit).
- Phrase Sticker – Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes (Chasing Dreams) (Project Life Kit).
- Acrylic Paints “Pinkadelic” – Acritonzes (Shimmerz Paints) (Color Kit).
- Acrylic Paints “3 Sheets To The Wind” – Acritonez (Shimmerz Paints) (Color Kit).
- 6×6 Stencil “Geometric Heart” – Echo Park (Color Kit).
- Cardstock “Blush” – American Crafts (Cardstock Kit).
- Cut File “Geometric Heart” by Zinia Amoiridou.
- Color Shine Mist “Sweet Mint” – Heidi Swapp (Color Kit December 2016).
- Gelatos (Bubble Gum, Passionfruit, Limoncello).
- White texture Paste
I hope you’ve had some fun joining me today,