Hey guys! Jessica Fabiano here today, using the gorgeous October Kits. My weekly theme was “clever with color” and I wanted to do something quick and easy but also eye-catching; that’s why I kept the layout rather simple when it came to embellishing and focused on the effect of color alone. I’m also sharing a technique with you to change the color of any thickers you may have. Here’s a pictorial process:
1) I decided to go with a bright picture and already went ahead and chose some patterned papers and thickers; in my case it’s just pastel colors. Because I knew that I wanted to use bright colors for my background I didn’t want to go crazy with even more brights for my layering.
2) I got some fun homemade sprays in shades of pink here. I’ve dabbed my brush in them and just applied the color with gentle and straight brush strokes. I also added some splatters.
3) As soon as my color was dry, I applied pink acrylic paint on top of my thin and more translucent layer. I like the bold color; the thickness is giving it dimension. Did you know that I’m actually more of an acrylics person than watercolor? It’s true!
4) Here comes the fun part: Alcohol markers. They will not sit on top of your thickers; instead, they will dye them! That’s awesome. These Take Me Away thickers by Pink Paislee come with a pearlescent coating; it’ll still be pearlescent after you’ve applied color. I used some super cheap alcohol markers so I’m guessing that any will work! Go ahead and practice on some of those hearts from the thickers sheet if you’re too insecure. I even ended up using those I practiced on.
5) Once you’re confident enough, start working on the title you want to use. I decided to go with that dipped look that we can find often these days.
6) Here’s what my thickers look like! I’ve gone ahead and embellished the page already. I love how the colors pop. That’s all! Hope you had some fun!
Thanks for joining me today.