Hello crafty friends…today I am going to share a super way to transform patterned paper into something gorgeously ‘bling-ified’ (In case you were wondering, yes that is a real word in the vocab’ of every crafter who likes gold glitter)…like me- LOL.
Girl Powa by Kim Watson
Layers of pretty paper & some of the gorgeous Heidi Swapp, washi tape made the perfect left hand border for this page. Roughening the paper strips & heavy machine stitching, adds fabulous texture; as does the black splatters, which I added at the beginning of the process.
Close up #01
The focal photograph was laid underneath the green paper behind a triangle window, eliminating having to fiddle too much in Photoshop, trying to get the perfect triangle shape or size to fit. Stitching, once again adds lovely texture. Raising badges & accents on pop dots is another way to add simple dimension, which somehow adds a little something extra to the page, don’t you agree?
To create that amazing glittered strip, I used the wonderfully ingenious invention, called adhesive sheets from 3L.
This is how I did it:
- Lay the edge of the paper triangle onto the sticky side of the adhesive sheet.
- Trim off the excess.
- Remove the top, protective layer.
- Sprinkle liberally with fine gold glitter.
- Press down firmly, making sure the glitter is secured well. You don’t want it falling off 😀
- Tap off any loose glitter…& you are done.
- NOTE: I left a little glittered strip at the bottom of the triangle, which I trimmed off & cut into mini triangles for accenting elsewhere on the page.
Cut a variety of triangle sizes from the 6×6 patterned paper pad from We R Memory Keepers & arrange in a linear design down the centre of the page. I suggest stitching some of them, leaving others plain for variety. Adhere the Crate Paper chipboard accents & you are ready to tackle your oversized bloom.
Tissue Paper Bloom Tutorial
- Fold the tissue paper into squares in x2 (or more) different sizes. I made x20 layers in total by cutting them in piles of about 6-8 layers.
- Once you are happy with the amount, pile them on top of each other.
- Using a stapler, secure the pile together with criss-crossed staples.
- Place your flower on one hand & gently scrunch with the other. Pinching layers onto a clump.
- Place the crunched flower on your craft mat & work with the petals. Flatten some, crinkle others & arrange until you have a lovely, puffy bloom.
- Using a little water, lightly spray the flower before spritzing with turquoise Dylusions Ink, adding vibrant color.
- Allow it to dry & secure to your page using a strong adhesive.
All done….a striking page that will make your teenage daughter happy. Mine thought the page was: “Seriously hip & cool”, which makes this crafty Mama’s heart very happy.
Remember to join up to the Hip Kit Club Members Forum on FB & post your beautiful pages there, so we can all enjoy your creativity & leave you some crafty-love.
Thanks so much for stopping by, have a lovely weekend!